Monday 16 November 2009

2D or not 2D?

Hey, y'all. Just a quickie today, I'm afraid, as work's keeping me insanely busy these days. First off, check out the awesome picture of me I was sent by the comic book artist Brian Maze! What a lovely surprise it was when this little beauty appeared in my inbox!

Brian's the man behind the 'Freak Central' comics and we first met at Comic-Con in San Diego this summer where he interviewed me for the now infamous Monkeygoatboy armwrestling video. He's immortalised many celebs in 2D form, including the casts of Dollhouse, Firefly and Buffy and I adore his work so it was a huge honour to be drawn by him. Thanks, Brian! He's also said he wants to do another version, this time steampunk stylee based on my halloween costume this year so I'll let you know when that happens - I don't know about you but steampunk totally rocks my world! FOR SCIENCE! *leaps from zeppelin*

While the 2D me looks rather serene and relaxed, in reality I'm the total opposite these days - life's been an utter whirlwind! I'll blog more about individual projects as and when but for now personal highlights include a readthrough at the famous Elstree Studios for an upcoming feature film I've just been cast in (keep an eye on my IMDB page for more news), a couple of awesome gigs thanks to the bands 'Clutch' and 'Budgie', and special effects tests for a spooky short with Huw Bowen, who not only rocked the handheld camera/special effects combo but also messed my face up so well that friends who've seen the tests now get a bit freaked out when I make eye contact.

Oh, and I discovered that the studio I do all my JML work from is the place where Jeff Wayne's concept album 'War of the Worlds' (narrated by Richard Burton) was recorded. How fecking cool is that?! I may have geeked out a teeny bit when I found that out. I don't think anyone noticed, though. Dribbling and giggling to yourself is normal, right?

I hope you're all well and cheers for all the messages and follows on Twitter. See, I told you I was on there a lot!

Milly x


As a steampunk monster huntress for Halloween this year. Goggly goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment